Massage Therapy is offered to the Toledo and Sylvania area at Harmony Chiropractic Center
Harmony Chiropractic Center is delighted to offer Massage Therapy to the Sylvania and Toledo area. Chiropractic care and massage can compliment each other with your chiropractic physician focusing on the structure of your body and your massage therapist targeting your muscles. Pairing these together can maximize your recovery.
Massage therapy is manual manipulation of soft body tissues (muscle, connective tissue, tendons and ligaments) to enhance a person’s health and well-being. In general, therapists press, rub, and otherwise manipulate the muscles and other soft tissues of the body. The many variations of massage account for several different techniques. The techniques offered at Harmony Chiropractic Center are: Therapeutic, Deep Tissue, Trigger Point, Sports, and Swedish/Relaxation Massage Therapy.
Massage therapy is one of the oldest health care practices known to history. References to massage are found in Chinese medical texts more than 4,000 years old; the ancient Hindus, Persians and Egyptians applied forms of massage for many ailments; and Hippocrates wrote papers recommending the use of rubbing and friction for joint and circulatory problems. Today, the benefits of massage therapy are varied and far-reaching.
Benefits of Massage Therapy
There are many different benefits our patients in the Toledo area experience with massage therapy. Here are some examples of how massage therapy may benefit you:
- Reduction of muscle tension and stiffness
- Relief of muscle spasms
- Greater flexibility and range of motion
- Increase of the ease and efficiency of movement
- Helps keep your chiropractor adjustments in alignment longer
- Promotion of faster healing of soft tissue injuries, such as pulled muscles and sprained ligaments, and reduction in pain and swelling related to such injuries
- Help athletes of any level prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts.
- Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph flow—the body’s natural defense system.
- Relief of stress and aide of relaxation
- Enhancement in the health and nourishment of skin
- Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks.
- Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation.
- Reduce post-surgery adhesions and swelling.
- Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscles.
- Release endorphins—little chemicals that work as the body’s natural painkiller.
- Relief of tension-related conditions, such as headaches and eyestrain
- Relief of sinuses, TMJ conditions, and other facial/jaw discomforts
- Assist with shorter, easier labor for expectant mothers and shorten maternity hospital stays.
Increase in awareness of the mind-body connection.
Improvement in posture through changing tension patterns that affect posture
Promotes relief of Psychological conditions such as; addictions, aversion to touch, depression, and so much more
Increase of the metabolism
Conditions that can Benefit from Massage Therapy
- Low Back Pain
- Neck Pain
- Upper Back Pain
- Shoulder Pain
- Knee Pain
- Surgical Pain Syndromes
- Myofascial Pain Syndrome
- Muscle Sprains And Strains
- Sports Injuries
- Workplace Injuries
- Auto Accident Injuries
- Muscle Tension and Spasm
- Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness (DOMS)
- Tennis Elbow
- Golfer’s Elbow
- Plantar Fasciitis (Heel Pain)
READY TO START FEELING BETTER?
You can schedule a massage therapy appointment at our office in the Sylvania and Toledo area. In order to get a massage in our office, you need to be a patient, which you can do by scheduling a consultation with your Sylvania chiropractor, Dr. Bryan D. Royer. To schedule your free, no obligation consultation with Dr. Royer, call the office at (419) 517-5055 or click to contact us.